Archive for category Women’s Health and Fitness
Health is wealth, that’s what they always say. And indeed, nothing is more important than one’s health. With all the health and fitness advice out there, sometimes we get confused which one. If we are not careful, the following suggestions someone else may even cause harm rather than fitness. So, what is special about health and fitness of women compared to men?
Women’s Health and Fitness 101
Metabolism is generally slower for women than men. Although this fact is not always true, it gives meaning to why it is harder for women to keep fit.
* Women have a tendency to have poor blood circulation than men due to slow metabolism. This is usually expressed by the cold hands and feet in all types of seasons for the women.
* Because of their monthly periods, women have hormonal structure completely different to men. This usually is the cause of phenomenal changes in their mood.
* With the facts given above, it is obvious women differently to men when they deal with stress, some of which may even lead to eating disorders.
How to Improve Women’s Health and Fitness
* Increasing one’s metabolism by exercising. Examples are jogging or power walking or a combination of both. Not only burn calories faster but also improve blood circulation.
* Due to slow metabolism, women are encouraged to perform a high fiber diet. Daily dose of fruits and vegetables to maintain a fit and healthy.
* One measure of women’s health and fitness is the amount of fluid they take. It is advised to take at least two liters of water and other liquids per day. But this does not include coffee or tea because it contains caffeine.
With regular checkups, health and fitness of women can be monitored, if not maintained further. Make sure you follow your doctor and never miss a visit even if you think nothing is wrong. Like they always say, prevention is better than cure.
In those Fitness Tips
Women’s health and fitness can not be generalized. What works for another woman might not work for you so do not just go on the advice the next person. Make sure you consult a professional.
Get in touch with an expert to better understand your body. Make sure you only follow professional advice and maintain your health.