Archive for category Creating Health and Fitness
You do not have to wait until New Year’s Day to implement resolutions to improve health and fitness. Regardless of the month or day, you can take action now to achieve health and fitness goals. Here are some tips to get you started:
* Select an area to work on: Many people make the mistake of trying to make himself into a new person overnight. It’s unreasonable to expect yourself to, at the flick of a finger, change habits that you’ve spent years cultivating. Instead, select one of the health and fitness area to work on.
* Choose a specific purpose: To say that you “want to lose weight” or “get in shape” is too vague. You need to come up with concrete goals to measure your progress and celebrate your success.
* Choose a realistic goal: If you’ve been a sugar addict for 20 years, you can not expect to go cold turkey overnight. You may be able to cut sugar out for several days or even weeks, but you will not be able to maintain it for the rest of your life.
* Choosing to incremental changes: In the scenario of sugar, which can outline a series of steps taken from time to time to achieve your goals. The first step might be to switch from regular soda to sugar free soda. After successfully doing that for a month, to overcome the next step – perhaps switching from regular to sugar-free ice cream, desserts or limit the weekends only. Combining small changes over time dramatically increases the likelihood that you will make permanent lifestyle changes.
* Get some support: In a society that supersizes everything, is never easy to stick to health and fitness goals. Ask for help from a friend, family member, or colleague – someone who will help you stick with this program. If your goal is to go to the gym three times a week, for example, knowing that your friend waiting there for you may only incentive you need to make sure you follow through. For extra motivation, put the dollar in a jar every time you go to the gym, then treat yourself to something special at the end of each month.
* Celebrate your success: We are quick to blame ourselves when we do not achieve our health and fitness goals, but we rarely celebrate our successes. When you have reached one of your goals, give yourself a pat on the back. Treat yourself to a massage, a pair of new shoes, or a night out with your friends.